As a Realtor, I offer a wide variety of services when it comes to buying OR selling a home, and beyond. WHAT I CAN OFFER, AS AN AGENT, to both buyers and sellers IS LISTED Below.
WHAT I DO AS A SELLER'S AGENT
- Discuss why you want to sell, where you will be moving, and what your goals are
- Help you determine what your home is worth in the current market
- Help you prepare your home for our professional photographer and market exposure
- Provide referrals for stagers, painters, and contractors to fine tune and show your home in the best light possible
- Determine who the potential buyer would be, and from there determine the right marketing strategy and materials for your specific property
- Help you put together all legally required disclosure and sale documents
- List your home on the MLS and other media platforms
- Create a custom website for your property
- Design, write copy, and print all marketing materials
- Hold open houses for the public, and agents, as well as manage all private showings
- Review with you, and negotiate, any offers to get the best possible price for you
WHAT I DO AS A BUYER'S AGENT
- Sit down to discuss the current market and what kind of property you are looking for
- Set up a property search to help you, and I, narrow down what you like and don't like in properties
- Get you started with the pre-approval process for home financing
- Make sure you get in to see properties when you need to by setting up private showings
- Provide comparable properties and neighborhood information to help you determine offer price
- Work with the listing agent to make sure we know everything we can about the property and seller
- Put together all the paperwork to submit a strong offer on the property you want
- Keep communication open with the listing agent to try and get your offer accepted
- Work through the inspection, appraisal, and escrow processes for you
Q: What is escrow?
A: Escrow is the closing process for a real estate transaction. It is opened with a 3rd party Title Company after an offer is accepted. The length of escrow usually has to do with how the buyer is paying and how much time the seller needs to vacate the property. For financed transactions, the typical length is 21-30 days. For cash transactions, they could be much shorter. Once escrow is closed, the property transfers ownership.
Q: Who pays commissions?
A: For almost every transaction in California, the seller pays real estate commissions to the listing broker. The listing broker then pays the selling broker from their commission. Buyers typically do not pay any commissions.
Q: What will my taxes be?
A: Property taxes are paid in 2 installments each year. They are based on a set percentage of the assessed value of the home. They change slightly every year. Below are examples from the past few years in San Francisco. Additional information, payments, and tax amounts for any property can be found at: SF Property Tax Website